Andy's First Meal
Bubbie arrived today so we thought we'd use the occasion to give Andy his first meal. He'll be 4 months old on Friday so we figured it's time. It brought back all sorts of memories from Jacob.
So we busted out our baby bibs (Tania, remember those?) and the feeding chair and made Andy his first meal of baby rice with milk. Specifically, we broke out our "My Auntie Loves Me" bib that came from Auntie Jenny.
Jacob had his first meal in Italy, Andy had his in the burbs. Seemed like the same affair as Jacob - not too interested in this funny stuff being shoved into his mouth. Bubbie had the honours of serving the first meal. Lots of milestones in the week ahead as Jacob turns 3 this weekend.
Well, it has been a rough couple of weeks for blogging. We had Passover week that took up a lot of my free time followed by a work colleague of mine in town from England so it was dinners out every night.
The "I'm totally shagged and can barely type" summary is:
- had a fantastic Passover dinner at Tania's friend from Wharton, Michael and his wife Ellen. It was one goy, one shiksa and two MOTs. We had a great time and both spouses are good troopers and have learned all the Passover Seder
- had the Kennedys over for Passover on the second night. It was a nice Seder although the food from Whole Foods didn't match the home cooked Jewish meal from night one
- And on Friday night we rested ...
- Saturday morning we drove to Sacramento to see Zeide, Mary, Jenny/Bill, Uncle Ron. Jacob and I visited Uncle Ron's house with his new hardwood floors. Jacob is scared of cats. I didn't try to talk him out of it - I'm not a cat person (allergies).
- Saturday night we went to cousin Marlene's for Passover dinner. Was so nice to be back there after so many years of not attending when I was in Europe. Saw all the cousins: Jill, Daniel, Marcy, Marlene, Sharon, Lana, Sophia and Olivia. Sure I'm forgetting somebody. But it was a great bit of nostalgia being around family. Funny point of the evening was Jacob playing hide and seek, "Daddy, you hide in the bathroom and I'll find you." ... Not clear on the concept.
- Sunday we went to Jenny/Bill's new house (mansion). What a lovely place. We were ready to move in. And we were jealous of how wonderful and big the homes were in Folsom / Sacramento. Surprisingly Jacob actually wasn't afraid of their dogs. First time I think.
Off to bed ... Okay, I lie. I'm gonna watch 24. But then off to bed. I shall update things after Jacob's birthday party this weekend. Check out pictures below (don't forget to push arrows to see slideshow).
More blogs about suster.