Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random Thoughts from Jacob ...



I was lying in bed with Jacob this evening trying to put him to bed and the neurons of his developing brain started to fire randomly. Where did he suddenly pull up the memory to say, out of the blue ... "Remember, Kay Mama and I laughed so hard when the birdie flew into the window. He he he." Before you start worrying that he made up a story about a near bird fatality he didn't. It really happend and the bird flew away fine. But HOW did that random thought from 2 months ago appear unprompted?

Other quickies:
1. I was reading him a REALLY f'ing boring book about Dora the Explorer and Christmas (which one of you tortured us with this present? can't be my family ;-) Anyway, I really hate this book (and all Dora books for that matter - so, no, I'm not anti Christmas) and it is loooooooooong (20 pages or so). So I decided to skip a page and see if he would notice. He didn't. Except that when I had finished the book he then told me I missed the page where Dora gives presents to the fishes and whales and he made me turn back to the page and read it.

2. I was reading my second least favorite book, Dora and the Animals. We got to the page where he has to do the sound of the chickens. He told me to do it and I HONESTLY couldn't remember the sound that a chicken made. I tried to fake it by doing a duck like sound, which he didn't buy at all. We laughed really hard. He then corrected me. In case you're wondering, it's "balk, balk, balk". Sorry, Moni, I only eat the things.

3. Another random memory from our last trip back East. He said, "Do you remember my cousin, Devon?" "Yes, of course." "We saw a deer at his house." I want to understand better how the brain and memory works - where does he pull these corkers from?

4. In bed this evening he asked me, "Why did you come here?" to which I obviously replied, "Where? What do you mean?" "California." To which I ask, was this really a profound question or did he just stumble on to this question randomly. I'm betting on the former. Three year olds are much smarter than I thought.

5. Finally, he got in trouble with Mommy this week. She put him in his room for punishment. He got out a black crayon and colored ALL over the walls. I called my mom that evening and told her Jacob finally paid me back for all my childhood mischief. Apple. Tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about suster.
More blogs about susterblog.