Monday, February 26, 2007

Hangin' with the Boyz


Since Tania always tells me I am never in any of the pictures I figured I better post up this shot taken from our day out at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I guess you can tell from the photo how "height challenged" I am around the Kandra family. Chris, my nephew on the left, is just 12. Just got Andy measure at the doctor and he is 90th percentile in height and 40th in weight. He was also 90th percentile in head size. Okay, so at least he got his brains from me, right??? ;-) I still call him KJ (kay junior) since his has in Grandma's eyes but we have also started to see some Katzen resemblance so maybe I'll just call him the maternal grandchild. Or the "anything but Daddy" grandchild.

You'll also note from this photo that Jacob is in his Batman shirt (yes, it is February ... but, hey, this is California, man!) - what you can't see is that under Daddy's blue sweater he is wearing his Superman T-Shirt. Jacob thought it would be a good idea if we were superheros together for the day. We showed up later that afternoon at Maya's 4th birthday party undercover. We both wore sweaters as a disguise over our superhero selves and then lifted up our sweaters to show the crowd that underneath we were really Superman and Batman. Kids. Both of us.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things we do for kids! Silly superheroes! I am sure you two were a big hit at the party! 4 years old, can you believe ours will be 4 soon? I can't! Sofia was talking about Jacob the other day! Isn't that funny!

6:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast these kids are growing. Bill and I better get out and see you before Jacob graduates from college.

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super heroes, hmmm... I bet in the world every father is a super hero for his kids.

9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to chide you for wearing the Superman shirt but then hiding it under your sweater all day, until I got to the end of the post. In disguise, eh? Pretty cleaver!

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Park Avenue Pork Webmaster said...

Hey Mark!

Good lookin' crew here. Looks like you are about 15 months behind in bangin' out a new blog post.

You'll have to quit just flyin' over us and stop in the middle of the country some time.

Come check out some decent BBQ, which will help you develop your waistline.

- PAP Team

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Allan Katzen said...

Cruisin with the kids. Can't wait for our turn. Maui here we come!!!
Oh, by the way, Aunt J fell down the stairs (well the last few) on Thursday when of course it was our 37th and where was I but in Detroit. Final diagnosis, real bad sprain but she'll be stuck in a boot for the trip.
We'll still have a great time.
L,
Unc A

6:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about suster.
More blogs about susterblog.