Saturday, December 31, 2005

Andrew & Mommy Come Home

Back at the ranch (New Year's Eve)


The remainder of Tania's hospital stay went as well as these things can and the care was fantastic. And it was tremendously helpful to have Tania's parents around to visit and to be there for T and Jake. Also our dear friends Stefan and Ann stopped by with their kids (Derick and Maya) and some Thai food, which made the last night there a very social affair and helped to occupy Jacob.



















We made it back to Chez Suster yesterday without much fanfare. It was a cold and windy day and we were all exhausted so as expected baby number two didn't get any homecoming pictures taken. We have the feeling that this is just the beginning of a life-long bias toward Andy not getting quite as much attention to detail as Jake did. So we are going to try and make an effort to take the same number of pictures, compile as complete of a baby album as we did last time and to appreciate every "first" (smile, roll-over, crawl, walk, talk) to the fullest. But if Tania's pregnancy is any indication, where we seemed to forget that there was another human life on the way, I think we will sink into the habits of 99% of all other parents. But pictures the day after the homecoming are really just as good - aren't they? Humor us.

Andrew is learning to breast feed. Last night we were awake much of the night teaching him how to "latch on" and by today he was in full swing. But not before a nearly sleepless night for Tania and only slightly more for me. But when you see this little helpless creature experiencing every bit of life for the first time it is hard to be anything else but elated. See?

Jacob and I are off the Stefan and Ann's tonight for a New Year's Eve party. They came up with the greatest idea to celebrate it at East Coast time (e.g. 9:00 PM) so that all the kids can be there and enjoy the celebration. Going out should provide a much needed break to Tania and her parents. Okay, Jake is pulling on my finger and saying "you have to play with me" so I guess I'm off. Happy New Year. And if you visited the blog (well, I guess you did or you wouldn't be reading this!) push the comment button below and say "hello". I read the comments out to the family and it is great to hear from everybody. Tania promised me that I could publish pictures of her in just a few days so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me.....but I saw your blog and I just wanted to say Congratulations and enjoy your wonderful family. You are very lucky.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about suster.
More blogs about susterblog.