Thursday, May 18, 2006

Jacob-Zeide-Papa


Some people have asked me how I find the time to blog. The reality is that it's always hard to find the time, BUT ... I am usually just borrowing time away from other activities like TV or sleep so it really isn't that difficult. Plus, for me it is a great way to play around with new technology (hobby) and further my thinking about how the Internet is affecting personal and work life (work). So it is worth doing and hopefully fun for family and close friends to keep tabs from time-to-time.

So today's entry is a chance for me to play around with Flickr (www. flickr.com). It's a photo website that I've used in the past but never in anger. Flickr is one of those HOT web2.0 technology companies and was bought by Yahoo! some time ago. It popularised the world of "social photo sharing" and has a lot of cool tools that make sharing pictures much easier. Today I am test driving the feature that allows you to post pictures directly to your blog site. The advantage here is to upload your pictures one time and then post to your blog site (a bit like I do from Bubbleshare). Let's see how it goes.

Updates on the personal side. The curse of the Suster Waverley house continues to do its tricks - this time remotely. Unlce Tom & Aunt Moni and Cousin Rowan were due to visit us this week from Maine on one of those rare occasions where Tom is able to get time off from his medical practice. Unfortunately they came down with nasty flu bugs and weren't able to make it. It really must be disappointing when you anticipate a vacation so much and then can't take it.

Also, if you read the previous blog about our cosmic twins it is interesting to note the following. About 2 months ago I enrolled Jacob into a group swimming class that was due to start this week. There were several classes available (each divided so that just 5 children can attend) and I just picked the one that seemed most likely for Tania to be able to attend (the weekend classes are booked, of course, months in advance). No prizes for guessing, but Galia (the love of Jacob's life and the girl whose parents I spoke about that moved to Palo Alto from London) was in his class! Weird.

Small picture attached at top left is from when Papa and Zeide were visiting for Andy's bris. Cool to be able to link it to the blog but unfortunately I can't figure out how to link other photos so I will have to upload those directly. Okay, now typing again from blogger software. Had to upload the two on the right separately. What a pain in the arse. I had to delete the Flicr photo wince it was too small. Next time I will use a larger setting, but there is no way to change once it is set up - not very user friendly! Anyway, we have some good Andy shots on Tania's camera and as soon as I can figure out how to upload I will. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about suster.
More blogs about susterblog.