Saturday, June 03, 2006

Choke Up, Jacob



So Uncle Matt and I decided to help Jacob learn how to play baseball. Mommy bought him the bat and ball after "discovering" his natural talent while watching him play ball at his friend Daniel's house. I have to admit the pride you have as a Daddy when you hear that your son is better as sports than then other kids. I guess that competitive spirit never dies!

It was great to have Uncle Matt and Aunt Adrienne over. In the top picture on the right you can see me teaching young Jake the finer points of how to "choke up" on the bat (holding it higher for any non-baseball included folks). And you can imagine how hard Matt & I laughed when we told Jacob to choke up on the bat and he started coughing on purpose.

It was seriously comedy hour when Matt then said, "Jacob, show me you swing" and Jacob walked over to the swing set! Only to be topped by a quick non-sequitur story. We also went to the "Water Mountains" today. Jacob told me that some of the kids weren't letting him play in the water. I jokingly said to him "let's go and rough them up" in my best Austrian accent imitating the Saturday Night Live folks imitating Arnold Schwarzenegger and flexing my muscles. Jacob said, "yeah, let's rough them up" (let's hope he knew I was teasing!). So we went over to roll the boys and Jacob came up, flexed his muscles and started barking like a dog, "rough, rough, rough, rough ..." Honestly. That is one for the memory bank.

Okay, so back to baseball. After showing Jacob how to connect with the ball you can see the results that are now captured on digital film. Below would have at least been a double!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
More blogs about suster.
More blogs about susterblog.